Thursday, May 9, 2013

Summer Projects List

This summer, I plan to get as many projects as I can completed. As I found out for sure this semester, Graduate Assistant-ing and teaching Composition I does not leave any time for significant projects. When I do get time for projects, boy, does it make me feel happy and creative. I'm hoping that getting at least one big, exciting project done a week this summer will build up those good feelings so that once it is time for the fall semester to begin, I'll have a store of them that will last me until Christmas, or at least Thanksgiving break. With work and summer school, I'm not sure how many I'll actually be able to get done, but I enjoy making lists [and even more, checking things off them], so even if they do not all get finished in summer, I'd be okay with looking back and seeing how many I did accomplish, or continuing on over the fall breaks. I also made myself a reading list for personal motivation. I have at least 40 books stacked beside the bed to read, and plenty others when I look at the list on Calibre.

Pinterest has "helped" me with me project list, though it is debatable how helpful or hurtful that actually is. In no particular order:



1. Litter Box Hider: Completed! 

2. Canvas Hammock: Completed! (But not a complete success)

3. Growth Chart Ruler: Completed!


4. Family Tree Oil "Painting": Semi-Completed! (As much of it as I can do at this point)

5. Llyr Pokémon Cards: Completed!

6. Jane Austen Cross Stitch: FINALLY Completed!

7. Read lots of books. See Reading List. Doing good so far!

8. Kitty Coop: for when Llyr wants to go outside but I can't be out there watching him. (This is pretty much complete, but I haven't blogged it yet. I still need to make a better door. Stay tuned.)

9. Kittymobile: Completed!

10. Chessboard Tabletop: Completed!

11. BONUS! Styrofoam Cooler Ottoman: Completed!

12. BONUS! New RenFest Costume with Rit Dye: Completed!

13. BONUS! Canvas Shoes for the RenFest: Completed!
























2 comments:

  1. That's a great ambitious list! Maybe we can tackle some of the projects together? (I also want to make that ruler!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I think the ruler would actually be a pretty easy on: splurge on a straight, good 6 foot board from lowe's, stain then mark and write the letters with black sharpie or vice versa, then we'd have to attach something to hang it with. Maybe you can come down or I'll come up there sometime and we'll do that project or get it started.

      Delete