Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Summer Project: Holo the Wisewolf Pink Blouse

Part 2 of my Holo costume is complete: the pink blouse, as seen here:

https://theproductofprimes.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/holo-1.jpg

I used this pattern, which I got for ONE DOLLAR at that Jo-Ann's sale I mentioned


https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0f/0b/28/0f0b2859c73e351ed9c0904f75283208.jpg

I picked this because although I found a cosplay site online with basic pattern sketches, I work better off of actual patterns most of the time. I saw that this "easy-to-sew" pattern had a 3/4 sleeve version that would be close to the style of Holo's shirt. Holo's shirt technically just has one front piece instead of the several pieces sewn together that this pattern has, but since I made them all the same pink, I think they don't stick out too much.

The only thing I don't like about these "simple" patterns is that sometimes they don't include directions for lining and they leave some inside seams raw. I don't like that because they can fray, but for now I just followed the directions. Maybe I'll get some iron-on tape or something and cover them later. A serger would probably also be helpful to fix those.

Here is the finished shirt:



The neck part is not exactly like the real shirt, but I think the rest is pretty darn close!


 Materials Used:

Wuji Very Berry Amaretto fabric. I bought 3 yards on sale at $5.99 a yard, but I probably only used about 1.5 yards. I wasn't sure when I bought it how much it would really take. So, I probably spent about $8 conservatively on the pink fabric that I actually used for the shirt.

I used a little of the Wood Potent Purple Solid fabric which I mentioned in the previous post about the cloak. I bought 2 yards and have probably used 1 or less so far in trimming. It was also on sale at $5.99 a yard, so we'll say I have spent about $6 so far using that between the cloak and shirt.

I already had the golden ribbon for the sleeve detail.

Total: about $15 or less for the shirt

Now I just have to make pants, the pouch, the belt, a tail, and ears, and the costume will be done. I will get back to you when I'm done with the next step!

No comments:

Post a Comment